An exciting opportunity has arisen for an apprentice receptionist to join the team at our R&K garage. Duties would include, to monitor progress in garage to ensure promised delivery times are met, to contact customers for authorisation if additional work is necessary etc. Interested? Apply now!
R&K Garage holds a Service Level Agreement with the associated business ACE-ABC Taxis for the management of the taxi fleet. There are a large number of taxis within the fleet, which require 6 monthly vehicle checks to meet local authority mandatory requirements and in addition 6000 mile services to all vehicles. The Garage Receptionist will be the first point of contact for all enquiries to R&K Garage Ltd. The role holder will be expected coordinate all Fleet Management requirements for ACE-ABC Taxis and meet external Customer Service requirements.
Duties will include:
- To greet customers in a courteous and efficient manner, in person, telephone and email
- To monitor progress in garage to ensure promised delivery times are met
- To contact customers for authorisation if additional work is necessary
- Maintain reception area to high standard ensuring presentable at all times
- To communicate with the Garage manager and mechanics when completion time will or will not be met and inform customer in good time
- Liaison between customers, other garage staff and ACE- ABC management
- Answering telephone enquiries to the business
- Stock Inventory checks
- Stock replenishment as advised by garage staff
- Producing invoices and taking payments from customers
- Ordering parts to ensure availability in line with scheduled work
- Retrieving data from within the system to identify requirements to meet the service level agreement with ACE-ABC Taxis for the fleet maintenance and repair
- Scheduling safety checks, MOT's and servicing for ACE-ABC Taxis Fleet
- Ensuring mandatory paperwork is up to date
- Booking safety checks with local authority and ensuring appropriate up to date documentation is available to accompany the vehicle
- All other reasonable requests
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/05/2021
Possible start date: 23/05/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
- Customer Service Level 2 Standard
- This is supported by 1:1's and dealer visits
Upon successful completion and review of your level 2 apprenticeship you will re-assessed with a view to progression onto the level 3 apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this sector?
Do you have a driving licence? How will you be getting to the company?
R&K Garage Mansfield offers a full range of garage services. Our fully trained staff have many years of experience in maintaining vehicles to the highest standard and we aim to provide a one-stop-shop to keep your car, van or motorhome on the road.
Unit 1 The Broadway
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Customer Service - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).