Woodthorpe Dental Care is looking for a friendly and caring Dental Nurse to join their family practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse.
Woodthorpe Dental Care is recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse. If you are professional, confident and you are passionate about pursuing a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed. You will be working chairside with the dentist, gaining all the skills and experience key to becoming a successful Dental Nurse.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery.
- To be professional at all times.
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times.
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues.
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices.
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use.
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/11/2019
Possible start date: 03/12/2019
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
GSCE’s grade A* to C/ 9/ 4 to include English and maths (or Functional Skills Level 2 equivalent)
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early *
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and fortnightly day release
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college:-
Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing
- Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
- ERR - Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills maths Level 2 if required
- Functional Skills English Level 2 if required
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal skills, qualities and any relevant experience you have which make you a good candidate for this position.
Woodthorpe Dental Care have been established since 1972 and formed a new partnership in 2015. They pride themselves on being a caring and friendly family practice.
Arno Vale Road
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Mon, Tues and Thurs 8.45am -5pm - One hour lunch
Weds and Fri 8.45am-4.30pm - Half an hour lunch
(36 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).