The Maltings Dental Practice is situated in Grantham, Lincolnshire. They are looking for a friendly and welcoming dental nurse to join their busy but fun practice. Within this role, you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified dental nurse.
The Maltings Dental Practice based in Grantham, Lincolnshire is recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse.
Within this role, you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
- Working chairside with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all health and safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures, drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the dental practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the dental practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training starting September 2020.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/05/2020
Possible start date: 02/05/2020
- Ability to multi-task in an organised manner
- GSCEs grade A* to C/9 to 4 or above in English and maths or equivalent or Functional Skills Level 2
* Please note that we require candidates to have either maths or English at the above grades. *
Able to travel to the employers address easily.
Happy to attend college in Nottingham City Centre one day every 2 weeks during term time (starting September 2020).
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college:
Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing:
- Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
- ERR - Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills maths Level 2 if required
- Functional Skills English Level 2 if required
Upon successful completion of the programme, registration with the General Dental Council will be applicable to all qualified dental nurses.
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you have that you feel make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship.
For shortlisting only purposes, please state if you drive and have your own car or access to transport.
We are a large NHS and Private dental practice. Our aim is to provide first class, complete oral health service. We have a highly experienced dental team with special interests in cosmetic and restorative treatments plus dental implants. We are a member of the BDA Good Practice Scheme and demonstrate commitment to agreed standards of good practice in the delivery of dental care.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday– Thursday 8.25am – 5.10pm
Friday – 8.25am – 4.10pm
(38 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).