Shine Dental Practice based in Forest Town, Mansfield are looking for a friendly and welcoming Dental Nurse to join their friendly and busy practice. Due to employment laws and the working hours at this practice exceeding 8 hours per day, candidates have to be aged 18+ to be considered further.
Shine Dental Practice is recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse.
Within this role you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental nurse. You will have full exposure to a range of dental procedures, including working in the decontaminated room and also on reception. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
- Working chairside, with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all health & safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To work in the decontamination room
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To cover reception as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the dental practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the dental practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham city centre for initial assessments, enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/09/2019
Possible start date: 03/09/2019
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to ensure patients receives the best possible service
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Multi task in an organised manner
- To have an interest in the medical/healthcare environment
- Confident with a willingness to learn
3 x GSCE’s grade A* to C/9-3 to include English (or equivalent).
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college: -
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing
- Diploma level 3 Dental Nursing
- ERR - Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional skills maths level 2 if required
- Functional skills English level 2 if required
Upon successful completion of the programme registration with the General Dental Council will be applicable to all qualified dental nurses.
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
At Shine Dental Care they are committed to providing high quality general dentistry in a friendly and relaxed environment. Their understanding team of clinicians work together seamlessly to offer a full range of general dentistry services tailored to you and your individual needs. As a patient at Shine Dental Practice you can rest-assured knowing that we have your best interests at the forefront of everything that they do, helping you to maintain your dental health for life.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Full range of shifts agreed over 3.5 days
Mon – Sat between 7.45am – 7.15pm.
Working days are as follows:
Monday = 10.5 hours
Tuesday = 11 hours
Wednesday = 10.5 hours
Thursday = 10.5 hours
Friday = 9.5 hours
Saturday = 7.5 hours
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
|Salary||£144.30 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|