Chilwell Dental Practice is looking for a friendly and welcoming Dental Nurse to join their busy practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse.
Chilwell Dental Practice is recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed. You will be working chairside with the dentist, gaining all the skills and experience key to becoming a successful Dental Nurse.
Duties will include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist / hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/09/2019
Possible start date: 10/09/2019
Friendly and approachable, commitment to ensure patients receives the best possible service. Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multi task in an organised manner.
To have an interest in the Medical / Healthcare environment.
3 GSCEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English and maths.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Portray a positive image of the practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
You will complete your training on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at College.
Upon successful completion of the programme registration with the General Dental Council will be applicable to all qualified Dental Nurses.
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
McDaid Dental & Skin Care is a modern, friendly practice dedicated to meeting the different needs of our patients. You’ll find a warm welcome waiting for you from our friendly reception team. Eamonn and the team have a strong focus on prevention and the ability to create life changing smiles for patients. Our surgeries are run by our team of experienced dentists, each of which is equipped with the latest, state-of-the-art digital technology.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.