Rivergreen Dental Practice based in Clifton are looking for a friendly and welcoming Dental Nurse to join their busy practice. Please apply ASAP as they wish to recruit an apprentice to start employment and be enrolled ready to start college 18th September 2019.
Rivergreen Dental Practice is recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse. Within this role you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To work on reception when required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/09/2019
Possible start date: 11/09/2019
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to ensure patients receives the best possible service
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multi task in an organised manner
- To have an interest in the Medical/Healthcare environment
- Can demonstrate initiative
- Good communication
- 3 x GCSE’s grade A*-C/9-4 to include English and maths (or Functional Skills Level 2 equivalent)
Able to travel to the employers address easily.
Happy to attend college in Nottingham City Centre one day every 2 weeks during term time.
The working hours are:-
Mon 8.45am – 7pm
Tues 8.15am – 2pm
Wed 8.15am – 2pm
Thurs 8.15am – 5pm
Fri 8.15am – 5pm
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing
- Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
- ERR - Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills maths Level 2 if required
- Functional Skills English Level 2 if required
- Upon successful completion of the programme registration with the General Dental Council will be applicable to all qualified Dental Nurses
- Portray a positive image of the practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
- Potential for a full time role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Rivergreen Dental Practice is an innovative dental practice conveniently located in Clifton. They are a modern, friendly practice dedicated to meeting the different needs of their patients.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday – Friday the practice opening hours are between 8.15am – 7pm. Please see further down for hours to be worked each day.
(38 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
|Salary||£148.20 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|