City Dental Practice based in Nottingham city centre are looking for a friendly and welcoming Dental Nurse to join their small but busy practice.
City Dental Practice is recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse.
Within this role you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
- Working chairside, with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/10/2019
Possible start date: 04/11/2019
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to ensure patients receive the best possible service
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multitask in an organised manner
- Have an interest in the medical/healthcare environment
- Confident, with a willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
3 GSCEs (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 to include English (or Functional Skills Level 2 equivalent).
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a fortnightly day release.
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college:-
Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing
- Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
- ERR - Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills maths Level 2 if required
- Functional Skills English Level 2 if required
Upon successful completion of the programme, registration with the General Dental Council will be applicable to all qualified dental nurses.
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please detail what skills and/or personal qualities you have that makes you a good candidate for this position
City Dental Practice is committed to helping our patients achieve and maintain the smile they have always wanted. We do this by spending time getting to know our patients and creating a caring, safe and relaxed environment.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8.15am - 5.30pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).