Kindeva Drug Delivery based in Loughborough are offering a hardworking and enthusiastic individual to start their science career as a Device Development Level 3 Lab Technician Apprentice.
The main duties that you will be fully trained to due over the duration of the apprenticeship include:
- Required to perform engineering development and device testing on time, in full and on budget for multiple studies on multiple projects
- Have a full understanding of the allocated resources for your assigned work. Track delivery of your assigned work to ensure that it is delivered On Time, In Full, On Budget (OTIFOB) and communicate any expected delays to key stakeholders well in advance
- Understand the needs and expectations of the customers (internal and external) that are placed on the team
- Ensure that the quality of the data delivered to customers (internal and external) is fit for purpose and all data are appropriately evaluated to meet customer needs
- Highlight any instrumentation or product issues to Kindeva Contact. Take responsibility for appropriate laboratory investigations to identify root cause and follow up actions in a timely manner
- Work in a manner consistent with Device Development baseline expectations, with particular focus on GxP and Safety
- Establish clear communication channels with other teams within the department
- Create a work environment where people are treated with respect, acknowledged for their achievements and given the opportunities to develop in line with the needs of the business
- Monitor self-performance against set targets
- Assist with other activities in the department when required
The apprentice will need to attend college once a week, term time only.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/11/2020
Possible start date: 02/11/2020
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills
- Working knowledge of testing equipment
- Understanding of basic statistics and the ability to interpret data and make decisions
- Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some awareness of current compliance legislation
GCSE’s A*-C/9-4 in English and maths or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2
GCSE grade A*-4 in a Science subject preferably chemistry or BTEC L2 Pass or higher in science.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early *
You will complete the following on a day release basis once a week at college:-
Advanced Apprenticeship in Laboratory Technician
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science
ERR - Employer Rights and Responsibilities
For those candidates that already hold the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied science there may be the opportunity to study the HNC Level 4 in Applied Sciences at college during the one day per week day release.
A permanent position will be considered on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what qualifications/personal attributes and any skills you feel you may have that would make you a good candidate for this role.
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against your commute from home to the employer's address, please state whether you have your own car and will be driving or will be travelling on public transport.
Kindeva Drug Delivery, formerly 3M Drug Delivery Systems launched as an independent company on 1st May 2020.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||27 months|
|Related course||Laboratory and Science Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).