Rampton Primary School are looking to recruit a friendly apprentice to join their team in their newly developed pre-school, Nestlings. You will be responsible for supporting the Early Years Practitioner in the day-to-day running of the setting. If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Rampton Primary School are committed to providing ongoing training to the successful apprentice. Duties within the role include:
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the setting
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement school policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children aged six weeks to eight years as required (full training given)
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain some records of children’s development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
Due to the nature of this role and the position being in a pre-school setting the successful candidate will be required to gain experience with children from birth - 2 years also. To be able to gain this experience the candidate must complete a placement in a early years setting. The successful candidate will need to source this placement for themselves and work with their assessor to make sure it meets all requirements for the apprenticeship.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 18/02/2021
Possible start date: 01/03/2021
- Put the children of Rampton Primary School first- at the heart of everything you do
- Be enthusiastic
- Be patient, calm, caring
- Be creative and have a can-do attitude
- Value every member of the school community
- Be self motivated, driven and committed to providing the highest level of service
- Be well organised to meet deadlines for the course
- Be committed to children's welfare
- Be able to work on own initiative for coursework
- Go the extra mile with a smile on their face
- Have the ability to be a proactive team player with all staff, children, parents and visitors
7-4/A-C GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Vacancy set as 25 hours per week due to business needs.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard.
Functional Skills if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a teaching assistant?
Do you have access to your own car and a full UK driving licence?
At Rampton Primary School parents/carers, school staff and governors work closely to create an environment which provides our children with clear expectations regarding behaviour, a positive work ethic and a love of learning – all of which aims to ensure each child is able to reach their full potential.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday; 8am - 1pm
(25 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Early Years Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).