Warren Primary Academy are looking to recruit a friendly apprentice to join them in their foundation unit. You will be responsible for supporting the Class Teacher in the day-to-day running of the setting. If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Warren Primary Academy School are committed to providing ongoing training to the successful apprentice.
Duties within the role include:
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement school policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children 3 and 4 years as required (full training given)
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain some records of children's development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 20/05/2021
Possible start date: 30/05/2021
You will need to be:
- Patient, calm, caring
- Self motivated
- Well organised to meet deadlines for the course
- Committed to children
- Able to work on own initiative for coursework
A* - C (9-4) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent)
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a full UK driving license and access to your own car?
Why do you want to work as a early years practitioner?
Warren Primary Academy are passionately committed to providing an educational environment that thrives on developing the whole child, alongside a curriculum which promotes highest aspirations for learning.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon- Fri 8.30-4pm Mon-Thurs 8.30-3.30 Fri
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Early Years Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).