Rushcliffe Pre-School are looking to recruit a friendly apprentice to join their Ofsted rated Outstanding team. You will be responsible for supporting the Early Years Practitioners in the day-to-day running of the setting. If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Rushcliffe Pre-School are an Ofsted Rated Outstanding Early Years provision based within Abbey Road and Lady Bay Children Centre, on the site of Abbey Road school. We take children from 2.5 to 4 years and have provision for 20 children per day. We are open Monday to Wednesday 9am to 3.15pm and Thursday and Friday 9am to 12.
Duties within the role include:
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the setting
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a good understanding of child development
- Understand and implement Pre-school policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children aged 2 to 4 years as required (full training given)
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain records of childrens development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 25/10/2021
Possible start date: 30/10/2021
You will need to:
- Experience in a childcare setting
- Put the children first- at the heart of everything you do
- Be enthusiastic â€¢ be patient, calm, caring
- Be creative and have a can-do attitude
- Value every member of the Pre-school community
- Be self-motivated, driven and committed to providing the highest level of service
- Be well organised to meet deadlines for the course
- Be committed to childrens welfare
- Be able to work on own initiative for coursework
- Go the extra mile with a smile on their face
- Have the ability to be a proactive team player with all staff, children, parents and visitors
A* - C (9-5) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent) Level 2 Early Years Educator qualification
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have experience within an Early Years provision such as a Nursery or Pre-school?
Do you have good command of English both written and verbal?
We are an Ofsted rated Outstanding Early Years provision based within Abbey and Ladybay Children Centre, on the site of Abbey Road school. We take children from 2.5 to 4 years and have provision for 20 children per day. We are open Monday 9am to 3.15pm, Tuesday 9am to 3.15pm, Wednesday 9am to 3.15pm and Thursday and Friday 9am to 12.
Abbey Road & Lady Bay Children's, Abbey Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon- Wed 8.30am-3.30pm Thurs â€“ Fri 8.30am â€“ 12.30pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Early Years Educator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
£130.50 - £246.30
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).