Do you want to join one of the world’s most prestigious and exciting vehicle manufacturers? Lancaster Ferrari Colchester have a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Parts Apprentice to join their business based in Colchester, Essex.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Duties will include:
- Ordering parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance concerning products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 29/07/2019
Possible start date: 12/08/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
5 GCSEs at grade A* to D/9-3 (or equivalent) including maths, English essential, Science and ICT are desirable.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will be required to attend block release training at Emtec Colleges in Nottingham four times during the course of the apprenticeship.
The candidate must be available to start before September 2019. The candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
The programme for the parts apprentice incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership with and is managed by EMTEC Colleges.
Regular in-dealer review and assessment visits from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Nationally recognised qualifications:
- Motor Industry (IMI) Parts Consultant Advanced Apprenticeship Framework (Level 2)
- Motor Industry (IMI) Parts Consultant Advanced Apprenticeship Framework (Level 3)
- Ferrari Parts Training Courses
- ATA Parts Consultant
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
On successful completion of the level 2 apprenticeship and satisfactory review with the employer, the candidate will progress onto a level 3 qualification.
Visit Ferrari Lancaster Colchester to find out about all-new and classic cars from the manufacturer's range and to test drive the models that you're interested in.
Ipswich Road, Auto Way
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
8:30am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Salary||£156.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|