Do you want to join one of the world's most prestigious and exciting vehicle manufacturers? Ferrari are looking to offer candidates who are passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry, an opportunity to start their career.
The Ferrari Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to keep pace with advancing technology and high levels of customer service.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Ferrari Manchester have a fantastic opportunity for a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their prestigious approved Ferrari dealership based in Wilmslow. This is an exciting opportunity, with world-class training at the Ferrari training facility in Slough and superb future career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Ferrari Technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT's on Ferrari vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
The training will take place eight separate weeks per year via block release to Ferrari training facility in Slough.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 29/07/2019
Possible start date: 12/08/2019
- Ferrari are looking for people with an agile and logical mind, wishing to combine those skills with a practical approach to working
- Excellent communication skills
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) including maths, English are essential - Science and ICT are desirable
The candidate must be available to start immediately and be able to travel to the workplace according to the working hours.
The candidate must be able to attend the block release training weeks at Slough, 8 weeks per year.
Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
The post-holder must be working towards gaining their driving licence by the end of the apprenticeship in order to eventually move vehicles as part of the role.
The apprentice will be expected to purchase basic tools throughout the apprenticeship duration to build up their own kit.
Training to be provided:
- Advanced Level Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Apprenticeship Standard
- For the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, the training will take place eight separate weeks per year via block release to Ferrari training facility in Slough
- The nationally recognised qualifications include - IMI Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Standard - Level 3)
- Ferrari specific training - this is carried out by one to one learning sessions through a regular 8 weekly visit cycle from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
On completing the 3-year course, apprentices will gain an NVQ Level 3, an IMI Technical Certificate, an Advanced Apprenticeship Completion Certificate and Key and Core Skills Certificates relevant to their chosen specialist area.
Stratstone Ferrari relocated to a stunning, brand new facility in Wilmslow near Manchester Airport in September 2011 and are perfectly situated to service clients nationwide. Ferrari Wilmslow has an excellent reputation for sublime customer care and a returning customer base from across the UK.
Stratstone House Unit 4-5
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday - 8.30am - 5.00pm.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Salary||£156.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|