Do you want to work with one of the world’s most prestigious and exciting vehicle manufacturers? Maranello Classic Parts have a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Parts Apprentice to join their business based in Egham, Surrey.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Duties will include:
- Ordering parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance concerning products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 26/08/2019
Possible start date: 02/09/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSE’s at grade A* to D (or equivalent) including maths, English essential. Science and ICT are desirable.
The candidate must be available to start as soon as possible. The candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will be required to attend block release training at Emtec Colleges in Nottingham four times during the course of the apprenticeship.
The Programme for the parts apprentice incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership with and is managed by EMTEC Colleges.
Regular in-dealer review and assessment visits from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Nationally recognised qualifications:
- Motor Industry (IMI) Parts Consultant Advanced Apprenticeship Framework (Level 2)
- Ferrari Parts Training Courses
- ATA Parts Consultant
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
On successful completion of the level 2 apprenticeship and satisfactory review with the employer, the candidate will progress onto a level 3 qualification.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this sector and for Ferrari?
What experience, qualifications or achievements do you have that you feel are relevant to the role?
Did you know that Maranello Parts now has the exclusive global distribution rights for all factory-made parts for any pre-1995 Ferrari road car. That means that we have now expanded our stock holding to include spare parts for the 348 and Testarossa. So if you buy a genuine Ferrari part – and why would anyone want to buy remanufactured parts with no assurance of them being fit for purpose? – anywhere in the world, it will have come to you via Maranello Parts in Egham. So why buy from anywhere else when you can buy direct from the source?
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm 1 hour lunch
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Salary||£156.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|