Josephine's Tea Rooms in Nottingham are looking for a Front of House hospitality apprentice to join their team! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small friendly workforce, learn new skills, gain knowledge of the hospitality industry whilst working towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
Main duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Ensuring that front of house is clean and tidy at all times
- Taking orders and preparing drinks
- Using the till, including cashing up
- Adhering to health and hygiene protocols
- Maintaining a high level of operational standards
- Managing the customer area, seating customers
- Planning for the day ahead with bookings and promotions
- Assisting with deliveries and ensuring correct storage of food items
- Experience in all areas of the operational side of the business from pot washing to stock management
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 31/10/2019
Possible start date: 04/11/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
English, maths, IT (Grade C/D-3/4 or above) or equivalent.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Standard.
Please note as this is a Standard this will include an End Point Assessment
This apprenticeship is 1 day every other week at the college term time only 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the work place.
Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 or 2 if required.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this industry?
Josephine's is a quaint, traditional English tea room. We bake our beautiful cakes and produce ourselves and we are known for our delectable afternoon tea!
Upper Parliament Street
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Saturday, earliest start 07:00 latest finish 19:00, exact hours TBC.
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Hospitality Team Member - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).