A small but busy and successful hairdressing salon based in Wollaton is looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the Hair industry.
Saffina Hair & Beauty Salon is a busy and successful salon looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the industry.
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments
- Meeting and Greeting clients
- Making refreshments
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
- Carry out hair-styling functions
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, Condition, Treat Hair & Scalp
- Change Hair Colours
- Set and Dress Hair
- Style and finish Hair
- Basic Hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors
Please note all hairstyling functions will be carried in college or on models until the candidate has completed and qualified each unit. Throughout your apprenticeship you will attend college once a week, once you are competent and have been assessed by an assessor in the workplace you will be given more responsibilities, this does take time and patience. It usually takes 3 years to complete both the level 2 & level 3 qualification. This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 21/10/2021
Possible start date: 01/11/2021
- Good communication skills
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career in hairdressing
- Punctual Works well as part of a team
- A*-D/9-3 maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
- Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week
- Level 2 Hair professional apprenticeship standard:
https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/hair-professional/ Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required )
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
Saffina's pride themselves on offering excellent customer service from the moment clients walk in the salon to the next time they visit. Their belief is that client’s hairstyle and colour should last until their next appointment with ease. This is achieved through a detailed consultation where stylists establish the type of look clients would like as well as find out more about how they can make hairstyles fit in within an everyday routine.
267a Trowell Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Tues - Fri 9-5 - Saturday between 9am - 8pm
(38 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Hair Professional - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).