Hare and Rabbit Hair Salon are looking to recruit an Apprentice Hairdresser to join their busy salon based in the heart of Ruddington.
Hare and Rabbit is a small but busy and successful salon. They are looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the industry.
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments
- Meeting and greeting clients, making refreshments
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, condition, treat hair & scalp
- Change hair colours
- Set and dress hair
- Style and finish hair
- Basic hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors
Throughout your apprenticeship you will attend college once a week, once you are competent and have been assessed by an assessor in the workplace you will be given more responsibilities, this does take time and patience. it usually takes 3 years to complete both the level 2 & level 3 qualification.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/09/2019
Possible start date: 16/09/2019
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be willing and able to follow instructions from others
A*-D (9-3) maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours. Happy to attend college one day a week in Nottingham City Centre.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week.
- Level 2 Hair professional standard
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required)
Opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Hare and Rabbit Hair Salon are a busy salon located in the heart of Ruddington.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Tuesday - 10:00am - 8:00pm
Wednesday - 10:00am - 8:00pm
Friday - 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday - 9:00am - 4:00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Hair Professional - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£156.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|