The Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop you in a way that enables you to learn the core elements of your job role using advancing technology as well as fostering an exceptional level of customer service.
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? If the answer is "yes" then the Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Platinum Hyundai are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their dealership based in Chippenham. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT's on vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/09/2019
Possible start date: 09/09/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
5 GCSE's at grade A* to C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, English essential. Science and ICT are desirable.
The candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to the working hours and by chosen method of transport.
Working hours: Please note that anyone over the age of 18 may be offered the opportunity to work over 40 hours per week.
The Programme for the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship programme incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges Ltd. One to one's will also take place regularly through on-site visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
You will be required to attend the either the Hyundai Academy Training Centre either in High Wycombe or Nottingham for 'block release' training. First year will include 8 separate weeks of block training. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel.
Light Vehicle Technician, Intermediate Apprenticeship where training will include: Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Competence
- Level 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles, bespoke Hyundai off-the-job training including certification to ‘Certified' level, IMI Accreditation
- Light Vehicle (Service). Progression on to a level 3
- Apprenticeship will be based on successful completion of the level 2 and authorisation by the College and dealership when you will work towards Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- VRQ Level 3 Award in Refrigerant Handling (F-Gas)
Upon successful completion and review of the Level 2 Apprenticeship you will progress to a level 3 Apprenticeship.
As an established Hyundai dealer, we’re proud to represent the philosophy of New Thinking, New Possibilities.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.