The Hyundai Advanced Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop you in a way that enables you to learn the core elements of your job role using advancing technology as well as fostering an exceptional level of customer service.
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry?
Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service?
If the answer is "yes" then the Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Brindley Hyundai are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT's on vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 13/12/2021
Possible start date: 10/01/2022
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- GCSE grades A*-C/9-4 in maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Science and ICT are desirable.
Candidates will work towards achieving the Level 3 Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
They will also be required to study towards achieving Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English, if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
The programme lasts for 36 months.
The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges.
Throughout the duration of the programme the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC's training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training.
Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal.
The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a log book that captures progress over the programme.
- On-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours
- A behaviour assessment
- Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
- Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
This is followed by the synoptic assessment:
- Log book (final year review to assess apprentice' progress)
- Behaviour Assessment
- Knowledge Test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/understanding)
- Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a light vehicle technician?
Do you have a driving licence? How will you be getting to and from the dealership?
Thinking of switching to Hyundai? Brindley’s new and used Hyundai car dealers across Wolverhampton and West Bromwich are here to help you.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||39 months|
|Related course||Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).