The Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop you in a way that enables you to learn the core elements of your job role using advancing technology as well as fostering an exceptional level of customer service.
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? If the answer is "yes" then the Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Endeavour Hyundai are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their dealership based in North London.
This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOTs on vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 08/11/2021
Possible start date: 22/11/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
- Grade A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, English essential
- Science and ICT are desirable
Motor vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- The Programme for the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship programme incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges Ltd
- One to ones will also take place regularly through on-site visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- You will be required to attend the either the Hyundai Academy Training Centre either in High Wycombe or Nottingham for 'block release' training. First year will include 8 separate weeks of block training. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel
Light Vehicle Technician, Intermediate Apprenticeship where training will include:
- Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Competence
- Level 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles, bespoke Hyundai off-the-job training including certification to Certified' level, IMI Accreditation Light Vehicle (Service)
- Progression on to a level 3 Apprenticeship will be based on successful completion of the level 2 and authorisation by the College and dealership when you will work towards Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair, VRQ Level 3 Award in Refrigerant Handling (F-Gas)
- Upon successful completion and review of the Level 2 Apprenticeship you will progress to a level 3 Apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace ?
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
Here at Endeavour Automotive Hyundai in London, Hertfordshire and Essex, we’re delighted to be able to provide motorists with a full array of new and used models from this acclaimed manufacturer. Our state-of-the-art dealerships are the perfect environment in which to learn more about each vehicle we have available, with our team of experts on hand to offer all the advice and support you require to make a purchase.
Colney Hatch Lane
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||39 months|
|Related course||Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).