The post holder will be responsible for the methodical investigation, analysis, mapping and modelling of business processes and IT systems in order to identify and define requirements, evaluate options for improving processes and enable the implementation of IT, systems or process improvements.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Analyse, investigate and document operational requirements, stakeholder objectives and associated real and/or perceived underlying business issues
- Discover, define, document and manage detailed business requirements and business benefits. Ensure consistent, accurate and structured records are produced to align with the business objectives and facilitate the agreement to and prioritisation of the change activities
- Facilitate and lead focus groups to review and analyse current ‘as is’ business practices, documenting outcomes. Lead the thinking around how IT can enable change by leading the development of use cases and production of ‘to be’ process roadmaps
- Identify and propose opportunities and options, including potential benefits, for improvements in components of existing, new, changed or retiring processes and technology solutions
- Support design and development through the lifecycle to maximise the most efficient and effective ways of working, recognising organisational risks and issues, embed new capabilities and realise benefits
- Work alongside the Technical Project Managers to produce technical specifications, process maps and design blueprints for the Architects and Developers as required, tracking developments against the use cases
- Work in partnership with the Solutions Architects, Data Designer, Data Architect and the Developers to produce technical design documentation and work on the transition of new technologies into support
- Specify and develop test scenarios, recording and analysing results that validate agreed recommendations that will deliver improved ways of working, efficiencies and business benefits as planned or identifies unexpected or unsatisfactory outcomes for further action
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 16/12/2023
Possible start date: 23/12/2023
- Communication skills
- Customer care skills
- Accountability and Ownership
- Helpful, friendly attitude
- Strong passion for technology
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/9-4 (Desired)
Functional Skills level 2 in Maths / English if required.
Information Communications Technician Level 3 Standard
Weekly day release to Nottingham College - The Hub. Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Nottinghamshire Police are working with partners, and the communities we serve, to make Nottinghamshire a safe, secure place to live, work and visit.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm with a 30 minute break.
Total hours per week: 37
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Information Communications Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).