Tuxford Pharmacy based in Newark, Nottinghamshire is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/11/2021
Possible start date: 02/11/2021
- Good communication
- Work accurately
- Pay attention to deal
- Logical thinker
3 x A*-D/9-3 GCSE's (or equivalent Functional Skills Level 1) maths, English & Science (desirable).
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills Level up to 2 in English and maths if not exempt
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say why you want to work in a Pharmacy. What personal attributues/skills do you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship!
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against your commute from home to the employers address please state whether you will be using public transport or drive and have access to your own vehicle!
Tuxford Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy chemist, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
5 Newcastle Street
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed Monday - Friday 9.00am to 6.30pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).