LP Pharmacy, based in Compton Acres, West Bridgford, Nottingham is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
LP Pharmacy is a busy and friendly pharmacy based in Compton Acres, West Bridgford, Nottingham. The post holder will be a people person and demonstrate a welcoming and friendly approach when assisting customers on the counter; you will also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in the pharmacy. If you are enthusiastic and willing to succeed in the pharmaceutical sector, this role is perfect for you.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 31/10/2022
Possible start date: 01/11/2022
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Interpersonal skills
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 4 or C or Level 2 pass (Desired)
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/pharmacy-services-assistant-v1-0
Functional Skills up to level 2 in English & maths if not exempt
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment Please refer to above link for more information
Possible ongoing employment as Pharmacy Services Assistant on the completion of the apprenticeship.
LP Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy pharmacy based Compton Acres, West Bridgford, Nottingham offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local community for nearly 30 years.
L P Pharmacy
3 Compton Acres Shopping Centre
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday between 9am - 6pm
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||15 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).