The Welby Practice - Coningsbury, based in Lincolnshire is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant. If you are enthusiastic and willing to succeed in the pharmaceutical sector, this role is perfect for you.
The Welby Practice is a busy and friendly surgery with an in house pharmacy based in Lincoln. Working in the pharmacy, the post holder will be a people person and demonstrate a welcoming and friendly approach when assisting customers; you will also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication. If you are enthusiastic and willing to succeed in the pharmaceutical sector, this role is perfect for you.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/04/2021
Possible start date: 04/05/2021
- Experience of using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear, polite telephone manner
- Interpersonal skills
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say what personal attributes/skills you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship. Why do you want to do an apprenticeship in Pharmacy Services?
For the purposes of checking your commute time from home to the employer's address, please say whether or not you drive/have your own vehicle or will be using public transport.
The Welby Practice - New Coningsbury Surgery is a welcoming and busy Surgery based in Coningsby, Lincolnshire. The Pharmacy offers traditional chemist services and provides an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday. Full range of shifts between 8.00am - 6.30pm (TBC)
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).