We are committed to improve technology and the way IT services are delivered across all sites which puts the IT team at the heart of delivering IT services. You will be responsible for developing the service desk function, with the IT customer service team leader, which is the first point of contact for an end user and the primary face of IT services.
You will work closely with the IT Customer Service Team Leader and IT Services Business Partners to improve the existing services as well as help to embed the ITIL best practices and service related processes.
Portfolio of responsibilities:
Technology management and professional input:
- To support the IT customer service team leader in ensuring that SLAs and KPI targets are being met
- To support the IT customer service team leader to implement and continuously improve incident management, problem management and request fulfilment processes to ensure a consistent high-quality service to all end users
- To increase the number of incidents that can be resolved first-time using the tools available such as remote diagnostic over the phone and automations
- Apply problem solving skills to IT issues or tricky incidents raised with the service desk and provide support in person when necessary
- Support the team with leveraging on historic data and ITIL industry best practices to create knowledge base articles
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new hardware, systems or applications
- To ensure requests are appropriately owned and managed across all IT teams to provide an excellent customer service and satisfaction
- Be innovative in all aspects of service delivery in accordance with organisational values; be a role model of our values
- To liaise with staff in IT and other departments to resolve user requests and support to triage according to importance and SLAs, whilst retaining ownership of problems until they are resolved
- To act as the escalation, point for all requests, incidents and problems and ensure that calls are responded to in accordance with agreed SLAs
- To ensure that the IT asset management processes are managed correctly, that assets are accurately recorded and tracked through their lifecycle
- Work towards keeping the college environment tidy. Ensure end of life IT equipment is disposed of according to WEEE regulations
- To ensure adherence to IT security best practice, standards, and policies
Project development and delivery:
- To work closely with the IT teams to ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the processes and procedures
- To support ongoing development and implementation of the IT service systems
- To occasionally provide support on small projects relating to service improvement or compliance
- To support and provide input into the development of user documentation, such as user guides and summary sheets to ensure consistency in and continuity of services provided by the service desk team
- To provide support with communicating forthcoming projects and ongoing updates to customers and stakeholders on behalf of the wider IT services team
Team leadership, training and guidance:
- To ensure that the IT service teams maintain accurate and up-to-date records and documentation in the required format, including asset registers, so that these can be readily used to support day-to-day operations, disaster recovery and business continuity
- To promote, develop and enable flexible, customer-orientated approaches to delivery of the service and encourage teams to identify continuous improvements
- To promote effective risk management (including GDPR and Health & Safety)
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/04/2023
Possible start date: 17/04/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Effective time management
- Strong IT skills
- Willing to learn
- Written skills
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/ 9-4 (Essential)
- Information Communication Technician Level 3
- Weekly day release
- Functional Skills level 2
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Nottingham College offers a comprehensive range of further and higher education courses and training opportunities for business and industry.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Total hours per week: 37
|Expected duration||15 Months|
|Related course||Information Communications Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).