Freeths are a large legal firm based in Nottingham City Centre and they currently have a vacancy for an apprentice to work within their IT department. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate wanting to begin their career with a large, local employer.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Administration of allocated IT support issues from start to finish
- Provide low-level technical support to all staff
- Answering telephone calls and offering excellent customer service to help to the business effectively
- Understanding and complying with IT security and business policies
- Supporting the development of IT process and procedures
- Continuous development and quality improvement
- First line troubleshooting for fault diagnosis for business applications, desktop applications and IT support services
We have a clear Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy in place and it applies to all aspects of recruitment, employment, promotion and training. Part of this is providing an inclusive work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed; and making sure there are no obstacles based on sexual orientation, disability, age, gender, marital status, race, national or ethnic origin, colour, pregnancy and maternity, religious or philosophical belief.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 13/04/2020
Possible start date: 27/04/2020
- Good spelling and grammar
- Reasonable numerical and analytical competence
- Customer Service ethos
- IT service understanding
- General IT knowledge, good keyboard skills and experience of Microsoft Office suite
- GCSEs: 5 GCSEs at grade 5/6-B/C or above, including mathematics & English Language
- For candidates who have also completed their A levels we additionally require: 3 subjects at grade B/6 or above
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in IT IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals Level 2
- 12 Month Programme
- Weekly Day Release to College on Fridays
- Functional Skills English, maths, IT (if required)
Long term company aim for the learner:
Those apprentices who really apply themselves can progress with us, building a pathway to a future career. For further details on our apprenticeships, please visit our website at https://www.freeths.co.uk/recruitment/apprentices/
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace?
Why did you apply for this role?
Freeths are a top 50, full service commercial law firm with 13 offices spread across the UK. We have a strong financial base with a turnover of £89.781 million. Our growing firm has over 960 members of staff. The Legal 500 and Chambers legal guides consistently rank our lawyers in their top tiers.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||IT, Software, Web and Telecoms - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).