The Trust is seeking to appoint an ambitious Apprentice IT Technician to join our successful Trust Wide IT team as soon as possible, to be responsible for assisting in providing IT support to Bluecoat Aspley Academy.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, confident and be able to work using their initiative, ensuring professionalism at all times to deliver a first class service to the Trust.
An example of some of the tasks you might be doing:
- Shadowing the support teams and monitoring customer calls
- Working with contracts administration on system activities
- Working with contracts administration on documentation
- Basic support and following correct procedures
- Administrative tasks to support project team
Archway Learning Trust is a highly successful Trust, with an expanding number of academies covering the ages of 3-19 and operating across a growing number of campuses. The growth and development of our Multi-Academy Trust makes this an excellent opportunity to join us, as we seek to serve a growing number of young people across the region.
In return we can offer:
- Employee benefits and well-being scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
- Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- £200 business dress clothing allowance
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check, Barred List check, the receipt of satisfactory references and any other statutory checks that are required for the post. We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/08/2019
Possible start date: 11/09/2019
- You will need to be able to demonstrate both written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Problem solving
- A*-D/9-3 maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent)
There is a mandatory day release once per week at Nottingham College.
Candidate must be available to start as soon as possible.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Information and Communications Technology - 12 months
- Diploma in ICT Professional Competence - Level 2
- Award in ICT Systems and Principles - Level 2
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 if required
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Welcome to Archway Learning Trust. Our growing family of Academies is based in and around Nottingham and includes children from their first day at nursery all the way through preparation for university and lifelong learning.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||IT, Software, Web and Telecoms - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£146.25 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|