Johnsons Cash Registers are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team based in Nottingham City Centre. Day to day you will be supporting the team with the set up and use of cash registers whilst learning alongside the Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- Provide technical support to customers both internal and external through a range of communication channels
- Establish and diagnose ICT problems/faults using the required troubleshooting methodology and tools
- Apply the appropriate security policies to ICT tasks in line with organisational requirements
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders, talking them through steps to take to resolve issues or set up systems, keeping them informed of progress and managing escalation and expectations
- Apply appropriate testing methodologies to hardware or software or cabling assets
- Document or escalate ICT tasks as appropriate to ensure a clear audit trail and progression of issues
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
- Carry out routine maintenance across network systems, ensuring organisational compliance
- Manage and prioritise the allocated workload effectively making best use of time and resources
- Learn key principles of Cloud Security and firewalls
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 12/12/2022
Possible start date: 13/12/2022
- Attention to detail
- Accountability and Ownership
- Helpful, friendly attitude
- Passion for technology
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/ 9-4 (Desired)
Functional Skills level 2 in Maths / English if required.
Information Communications Technician Level 3 Standard
Weekly day release to Nottingham College – The Hub.
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
We have been supplying Cash Registers since 1926 with a focus on high quality equipment from the best manufacturers and a service to match.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday – Friday (9am-5pm)
Total hours per week: 37.5
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Information Communications Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).