TST run a 24/7 business and have a high reliance on IT, with a small in house IT team. We are looking for an apprentice who is keen to be involved in all elements of IT.
Are you passionate about a career in Information Technology? Are you willing to learn and determined to succeed? If the answer is "yes" then undertaking an apprenticeship with Turbine Surface Technologies could be the first step in a great career for you.
The IT apprenticeship programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive practical on-the-job training, as well as in college study, while in full-time employment.
Throughout this apprenticeship, you will be given full support and training. As part of this unique and varied role, the successful candidate will gain knowledge in a wide variety of IT systems.
The TST IT Services department provides IT support for TST employees, maintains and continually develops the IT infrastructure in line with current and future business requirements.
- Solving users hardware and software issues
- Maintenance and upgrade of IT systems
- Database administration
- Deployment of IT projects within the business on time, to budget and to specification Alignment of systems in accordance with IT Security best practice
Skills & knowledge:
Working knowledge of TST portfolio of IT systems, including but not restricted to:
- Microsoft Office including MS Access
- Microsoft Active Directory management
- TCP/IP networking â€¢ WIFI networking
- Desktop and laptop hardware configuration
- Communicating IT specific concepts to users
- Able to work effectively either on site or remotely as required
- Troubleshooting common IT issues
- Good customer management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to plan work, coupled with the drive and tenacity to see projects through to completion
Employer Commitment & Support:
- We will invest considerable time and resources to support the apprentice
- Employ the learner
- Allow the learner to have time away from place of work to attend college/workshops/ exams
- Ensure their Health and Safety at all times
- Abide by all Equal Opportunity Policies and Legislation
- Ensure they have a suitable mentor for support in the workplace
- Acknowledge your Apprentices achievements
- The opportunity to gain several fantastic qualifications, including NVQ level 3, BTEC & HNC
- Wide ranging IT experience whilst undertaking a comprehensive
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 13/05/2021
Possible start date: 23/05/2021
- The ability to plan work coupled with the drive to see it through to completion
- Attention to detail
- Possess good analytical methods
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships at all levels within organisation
- Good communication skills
- General understanding of IT systems, hardware and software
- GCSEs at A-C grade, including Maths, English, Science, and other relevant subjects such as ICT
- As a minimum, applicants should have GCSE Maths and English grade A - C or equivalent qualifications
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- IT Technician role at Level 3
- Functional skills maths and English if required
Our apprenticeship programme is designed to enable us to recruit to a career path and to a specific end role. Details of career paths and options will be shared with each apprentice by the company mentor. For applicants with the right attitude the opportunities for progression and increase earnings potential are real. Potential opportunities for additional training could include progression to HNC and / or degree level courses through apprenticeships.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why did you apply for this role?
How will you be travelling to and from the work place? Have you checked the journey?
Employer informationTSTL is a centre of excellence specialising in coatings for gas turbine components located in the hot gas path section of the engine.
13a Little Oak Drive
Sherwood Business Park
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:15 pm. Details to be confirmed.
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Infrastructure Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).