Johnsons Cash Registers are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team based in Nottingham City Centre. Day to day you will be supporting the team with the set up and use of cash registers whilst learning alongside the Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship.
Day to day duties will include:
- Provide technical support to customers both internal and external through a range of communication channels
- Establish and diagnose ICT problems/faults using the required troubleshooting methodology and tools
- Apply the appropriate security policies to ICT tasks in line with organisational requirements
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders, talking them through steps to take to resolve issues or set up systems, keeping them informed of progress and managing escalation and expectations
- Apply appropriate testing methodologies to hardware or software or cabling assets
- Document or escalate ICT tasks as appropriate to ensure a clear audit trail and progression of issues
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
- Carry out routine maintenance across network systems, ensuring organisational compliance
- Manage and prioritise the allocated workload effectively making best use of time and resources
- Learn Key principles of Cloud Security and firewalls
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/07/2021
Possible start date: 31/07/2021
- Microsoft Office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Information Communications Technician Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/information-communications-technician-v1-0
Functional Skills level 1/2.
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
Do you have access to your own car and a full UK driving licence?
A small friendly family business based in Nottingham city centre. Trading since 1926 specialising in the supply of cash registers to businesses and Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) systems in and around Nottingham.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).