Are you looking to begin a career in IT? Seem Solutions are looking to recruit an IT apprentice to assist them in their growing business. You will be responsible for providing support to customers with their IT queries and working with the team to resolve.
The IT technician apprenticeship role will include but not limited to:
- Work with clients to understand details of faults
- Resolving faults and explaining to the client the work you have carried out
- Fixing and maintaining equipment such as printers, laptops, PC’s and tablets
- Assisting with system upgrades and setting up new devices
- Provide excellent customer service
- Identify the need for system and equipment updates
- To co-ordinate and provide prioritised technical support and advice to clients
- To ensure adequate arrangements are in place for the security of data, systems and hardware
- To respond without delay to clients IT needs and issues
- To successfully complete relevant college training and demonstrate a commitment to continuous development
- To maintain an awareness of new and innovative technologies
- A keen interest in the information technology industry, with a willingness to learn and a can do attitude
- The ability to communicate at all levels, in particular, with non-technical users, showing consideration and providing explanations in terms they can understand
- The ability to remain focused and take a logical approach to solving problems
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of Microsoft operating systems
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint - Office 2013 and Office 365)
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/08/2019
Possible start date: 04/09/2019
You will need to be able to demonstrate both written and verbal communication skills as well as strong IT skills and problem solving.
A* - D/9-3 maths, English and ICT GCSE (or equivalent) desirable but not essential. Candidate will be required to meet minimum levels of requirement through computer based assessments.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in information and Communications Technology – 12 months.
- Diploma in ICT Professional Competence – Level 2
- Award in ICT Systems and Principles – Level 2
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Seem Solulations is a Nottingham Based Company who are currently looking to recruit an IT apprentice.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
8.30 am - 5.00 pm Monday - Friday
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||IT, Software, Web and Telecoms - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£146.25 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|