As part of a team, the post holder will support the operation and technical configuration, monitoring, optimisation and maintenance of the network, security and communication infrastructure that underpins the Force’s business functions, ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Maintain, support and administer assets and components, monitor performance and daily events, taking action to log issues and problems affecting performance, availability and security for attention and resolution. Collect performance statistics and create reports
- Triage incidents and requests for the team, complete initial diagnostics and resolution to agreed procedures and to agreed service levels, including those being escalated to external 3rd party support teams
- Perform new installations and upgrades as required using supplied instructions. This includes services supplied by external suppliers and working in conjunction with them to ensure that they adhere to current Force IT policies and procedures
- Complete site visits and site surveys alongside the Logistics Engineer, provide network, telephony and firewall support for office relocations ensuring health and safety, site, IT security and quality standards are met
- Maintain documentation sets on behalf of the teams, including designs, knowledge articles, configuration information so that records can be maintained and updated
- Maintain records of issues and in discussion with the team prepare a schedule of planned corrective actions, test and provide feedback on change proposals. Draft team forward planning and schedule of changes and prepare RFC’s at the request of Engineers and Technical Lead
- From assigned work packages, maintain a portfolio of design and development work to demonstrate increasing level in complexity, confidence, flair and capability with coding requirements
- Gathering and improve professional development under the guidance and tutorage of other developers and from formal training programmes
- To participate in the Force PDR process and take responsibility for identifying your own professional and career development needs
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 16/12/2023
Possible start date: 23/12/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- Accountability and Ownership
- Helpful, friendly attitude
- Strong passion for technology
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/9-4 (Desired)
Functional Skills level 2 in Maths / English if required.
Information Communications Technician Level 3 Standard
Weekly day release to Nottingham College - The Hub.
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Nottinghamshire Police are working with partners, and the communities we serve, to make Nottinghamshire a safe, secure place to live, work and visit.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm with a 30 minute break.
Total hours per week: 37
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Information Communications Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).