Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to become a fully-qualified Vehicle Technician? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is “Family-like Care”? If the answer is “yes” then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Dover Garage are currently looking to recruit a Kia Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join the team at their busy dealership based in Aldershot. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Kia Technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT's on Kia vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Good customer service skills/ability to liaise at all levels
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 05/08/2019
Possible start date: 19/08/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Mechanically minded
- Minimum entry requirements - GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) in maths, English Language and ICT
The candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to the working hours and by chosen method of transport.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone over the age of 18 may be offered to work over 40 hours per week.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Training to be provided:
- Candidates will work towards achieving the Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Apprenticeship Standard
- You will also be required to study towards achieving Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if you do not hold equivalent qualifications already)
- The Apprenticeship Programme lasts for a total of 36 months
- The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges
- Throughout the duration of the programme the candidates will be expected to travel to the Kia Training Academy in Nottinghamshire for 20 separate weeks to carry out skills training
- Regular visits to the dealership from the Kia Training Academy Assessors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal
- The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a logbook that captures progress over the programme
- Assessment includes - on-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours, a behaviour assessment, Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2, Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
This is followed by the synoptic assessment, of which there are four components:
- Logbook (final year review to assess progress)
- Behaviour Assessment
- Knowledge Test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/understanding of the apprentice)
- Skills Test (two-day practical examination of the skills of the apprentice)
There is the potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, however this will be determined by the employer. Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
Dover Garage is a Kia Dealer in Hampshire and Surrey. Proud to be a family business, we’ve been the supplier of choice for quality new & used Kia cars in Hampshire and Surrey for more than 20 years.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.