Would you like a career as a mechanic working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? Duties include investigation, repair and service of vehicles, producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry?
Do you strive to become a fully qualified Vehicle Technician?
Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? If the answer is yes, then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. TW White & Sons Ltd are currently looking to recruit a Kia Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join the team at their busy dealership.
This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Kia Technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT's on Kia vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Good customer service skills/ability to liaise at all levels
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 13/12/2021
Possible start date: 10/01/2022
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT grades A*-C (new grading 9-4) or equivalent.
Candidates will work towards achieving the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Standard at level 3. They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
The programme lasts for 36 months. The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges. Throughout the duration of the programme the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC's training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training.
Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace. Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal. The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a log book that captures progress over the programme.
Assessment Includes: On-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours, a behaviour assessment, Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2, Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2.
This is followed by the synoptic assessment, of which there are four components:
- Log book (final year review to assess apprentice's progress)
- Behaviour Assessment
- Knowledge Test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/understanding of the apprentice)
- Skills Test (two-day practical examination of the skills of the apprentice)
Each apprentice will achieve the following:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) (ST0033/AP03) Standard Level 3
- Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (EC842-2006)
- QCF Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System
- Repair and Replacement QCF
- ia Accreditation (Expert Star 1)
There is the potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, however this will be determined by the employer. Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship. Free Uniform and Onsite Parking is offered as standard.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a driving licence? How will you be getting to and from the dealership on a day to day basis?
As Kia Aftersales dealer since 1992 we know a fair bit about looking after your Kia.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||39 months|
|Related course||Kia National Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).