Would you like a career as a Parts Advisor working for Kia. Duties include: Liaising with customer, suppliers and mechanics to order car parts.
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Tates Kia are currently seeking a Parts Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 15/08/2021
Possible start date: 29/08/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
- Minimum entry requirements: maths, English language and ICT grades A*-C (new grading 9-4) or equivalent
You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel. Service Advisor, Intermediate Apprenticeship (1 year).
Standard Training will include:
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- IMI level 2 Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry
- ATA Accreditation
- Customer Service Advisor
- Bespoke Kia off-the-job training including certification to 'Silver' level Service Advisor
- Regular in dealer review and assessment visits
- Functional skills if needed
There is high potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship with room for progression. Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Parts Advisor?
Do you have a driving license?
Tates Kia Pyecombe is a multi-service Kia dealership located in Pyecombe, West Sussex. We provide motorists from the region with new and approved used Kia cars and expert parts and servicing, and we also have exclusive special offers and fleet services. You can find our dealership on London Road – as part of the A23, it's easily accessible.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||13 months|
|Related course||Kia National Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).