Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
SG Petch are currently seeking a Parts Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership based in York. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 05/09/2019
Possible start date: 19/09/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Willing to undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded.
Minimum entry requirements: GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4, or equivalent, in maths, English Language and ICT.
The candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to the working hours and by chosen method of transport.
For further information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone over the age of 18 may be offered to work over 40 hours per week.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Training to be provided:
- Intermediate Level Vehicle Parts Apprenticeship Framework
- IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence
- IMI Accreditation - Parts Advisor
- Bespoke Kia off-the-job training including certification to 'Silver' level Parts Advisor
- Regular in-dealer review and assessment visits
Based on successful progression to Level 3 which will take a further 12 months, you will also cover Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Principles as well as the above.
You will be required to attend the Kia Academy in Nottingham for 'block release' training. This will include 4 separate weeks of block training per year of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel.
There is high potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship with room for progression. Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this sector?
Do you have a driving licence?
SG Petch are a family run multi-franchise car & van dealership with branches in Darlington, Durham, Middlesbrough, Richmond and York.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.