Would you like a career in the automotive industry as a Parts and Service Advisor working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Drayton Motors Louth are currently seeking a Parts and Service Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role. Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOT's and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner both face to face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad hoc duties as and when required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 15/08/2021
Possible start date: 29/08/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
- Minimum entry requirements: maths, English language and ICT grades A*-C (new grading 9-4) or equivalent
You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel.
Over a two year period they will gain a nationally recognised qualification Level 2 CUSTOMER SERVICE PRACTITIONER (ST0072/AP02) progressing onto a Level 3 CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (ST0071/AP01) and become accredited as a Parts Advisor or a Customer Service Advisor. A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor or Service Advisor will run alongside the Standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level.
Functional skills if needed.
There is high potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship with room for progression. Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Parts and Service Advisor?
Do you have a driving license?
In addition to unlocking the benefits of the Kia Promise, you can manage the servicing and maintenance of your car, keep up-to-date on our current offers and find out all the latest on the Kia journey.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon-Friday 08:00-17:30 every other Saturday 08.30-12:30.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||13 months|
|Related course||Kia National Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).