Would you like a career in the automotive industry as a Service Advisor Apprentice working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
SG Petch are currently seeking a Service Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership based in York.
This is an exciting reception-based role, working towards Level 2 Customer Service qualifications, which also offers first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role. Candidates also have the opportunity to move onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship in this role.
Duties will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOTs and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite, and courteous manner, both face-to-face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad hoc duties as and when required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 23/12/2020
Possible start date: 04/01/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language, and ICT GCSE grades A*-C/9-4 and above (or equivalent).
The candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to the working hours, and by chosen method of transport.
You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1-week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel.
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI level 2 Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry
- ATA Accreditation
- Customer Service Level 2 Diploma
- Advisor Bespoke Kia off-the-job training including certification to 'Silver' level Service
The apprentice will have regular in dealer review and assessment visits.
Upon successful completion and review of your Level 2 Apprenticeship (15 months), you will be re-assessed with a view to progression onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship (18 months).
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this sector?
Do you have a driving license and access to your own vehicle?
SG Petch are a family run multi-franchise car & van dealership with branches in Darlington, Durham, Middlesbrough, Richmond, and York.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Kia National Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).