Would you like a career in the automotive industry as a Service Adviser, working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family like Care'? Duties include meeting and greeting visitors, booking cars in for service and MOT's etc.
Are you passionate about a career in the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family like Care"? If the answer is "yes", then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Edwards Kia are currently seeking a Service Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting reception-based role, working towards a level 2 customer service qualification, which also offers first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOT's and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner, both face to face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad hoc duties as and when required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 22/10/2021
Possible start date: 01/11/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Personal qualities
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent), Science and ICT are desirable.
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard. You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your block release training.
This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel.
Service Advisor, Intermediate Apprenticeship (1 year).
Standard training will include:
- Nationally recognised qualifications IMI level 2
- Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry
- ATA Accreditation Customer Service Advisor
- Bespoke Kia off-the-job training including certification to 'Silver' level Service Advisor
- Regular in dealer review and assessment visits
Upon successful completion and review of your level 2 apprenticeship (1 year), you will be re-assessed with a view to progression onto the level 3 apprenticeship (1 year).
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Service Advisor?
Do you have a driving licence?
In the years since foundation in 1969, Edwards Motors has built an excellent reputation and a loyal customer base throughout Worcestershire, thanks in no small measure to our emphasis on quality customer service. Our expansion has meant that we now own franchises in partnership with Mazda and Kia, all based at a single convenient, modern location on the A38 main road a few miles south of Worcester, just outside the village of Kempsey. This location makes it really easy to reach us from all parts of Worcestershire, whether you are based in Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Worcester, Malvern, Ledbury, Evesham, Pershore or Tewkesbury areas – in fact we are very easy to find wherever you are based!
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||16 months|
|Related course||Kia National Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).