Would you like a career in the automotive industry as a Service Advisor working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is “Family-like Care”? Duties include: Meeting and greeting visitors, booking cars in for service and MOT’s.
Are you passionate about a career in the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Allingtons KIA are currently seeking a Service Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership based in Ashington. This is an exciting Reception based role, working towards Level 2 and 3 Customer Service qualifications which also offers first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOT's and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner both face to face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad hoc duties as and when required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 25/11/2019
Possible start date: 02/12/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grades A*-C/9-4 and above (or equivalent).
The candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to the working hours and by chosen method of transport.
You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel.
Service Advisor, Intermediate Apprenticeship (1 year).
Framework Training will include: Nationally recognised qualifications:
- IMI level 2 Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry ATA Accreditation
- Customer Service Advisor
- Bespoke Kia off-the-job training including certification to 'Silver' level Service Advisor Regular in dealer review and assessment visits
Upon successful completion and review of your Level 2 Apprenticeship (1 year) you will be re-assessed with a view to progression onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship (1 year).
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this sector?
Do you have a driving licence?
Allingtons are a family run business established in 1948 and a well-known name in the local area, formerly trading as Milburn Motors and Milburn of Ashington (Vauxhall), we are the new home for Kia in Northumberland.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Kia National Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).