Field Sport management and Nottingham Football centre are looking for a Leisure Centre Assistant to learn how to run a centre, and give valuable customer service to the users.
Nottingham Football Centre based West Bridgford is a state of the art complex and they are looking for a Leisure Centre apprentice to join the team.
Duties will include:
- Reception and administration
- Charging admission, taking bookings, renting out equipment, handling cash or answering the phone
- Potential client tours
- Setting up football pitches
- General maintenance and cleaning
- Selling refreshments in a cafe or bar area
- Overseeing security in changing rooms and lockers, tidying and cleaning all areas
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/10/2019
Possible start date: 23/10/2019
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to manage a diverse workload
- The ability to communicate effectively
- 5 GCSE or equivalents at grade D or above
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early *
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services
- Level 2 Leisure Operations
- Level 2 Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in maths and English if required
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions
- Potential for a full time position within the business upon successful completion of an apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a full, clean, UK driving license?
Do you have access to your own vehicle?
Our mission is to provide comprehensive sports training, leagues, tournaments, clinics, camps, recreation, education, research and facilities for that serve the year round needs of local people, in a positive and supportive environment, staffed by well-trained local individuals who will become participants without regard to skill level, ancestry, ethnicity, or gender.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday to Friday - 4:30-10pm
Saturday - 9am-5pm
over the following shifts.
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Leisure Operations - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).