Level 2 Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant
Welfare Pharmacy in FriarGate, Derby City Centre is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant. Assisting in the sale of over the counter medicines,completing prescription receipts and collections.
The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Main duties will include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving, and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing, and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit / debit cards, cheques, and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift / or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 31/03/2023
Possible start date: 03/04/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 3 or D or Level 1 pass (Essential)
This apprenticeship is work based learning, therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English if not exempt
- BTEC Level 2 in Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support Staff
The apprenticeship requires an End Point Assessment with the Awarding Body to achieve. More details on this and what is covered in the apprenticeship can be found in the link above.
Potential of ongoing employment as a qualified Pharmacy Services Assistant upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Welfare pharmacy is a local community pharmacy at Friar Gate, Derby. They offer wide range of services and facilities for you and your family. With their caring and dedicated healthcare professional team, they aim to provide a high standard of customer service.
68 FRIAR GATE
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
40 Hours across 5 working days a week around the pharmacy. Opening hours - Monday - Friday 8.30am - 6.30pm and Saturday 9.00am - 2.00pm. The working rota will be assigned before the start of every calendar month.
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||15 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).