Numark Pharmacy based in Shepshed, Loughborough Leics, is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to carry out during your apprenticeship include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines and website based sales
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/01/2021
Possible start date: 04/01/2021
- Good communication
- Work accurately
- Pay attention to deal
- Logical thinker
- Driving license is preferred but not essential
A*-D/9-3 GCSE's (or equivalent e.g. Functional Skills Level 1) maths, English (desirable).
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address
- Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
- Functional Skills Level 2 maths if required
- Functional Skills Level 2 English if required
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that makes you a good candidate for this role.
For the purposes of shortlisting your application re your commute to work from your home address - please state whether you drive/have your own car or will be using public transport.
Numark Pharmacy is a long established friendly and welcoming pharmacy serving the community of Shepshed.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed around the pharmacy opening hours:
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 6.30pm,
Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm (alternate Saturdays).
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).