Midlands Pharmacy is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant. We are an online hub and are located in a Business Centre.
The post holder will work in a busy pharmacy dispensing hub and assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication. The weekly hours and weekly wage will be reviewed with a view to be increased once the apprentice has settled into the role and is making good progress with their apprenticeship.
Please note this is an online pharmacy not a traditional retail pharmacy on the High Street so you will not have face to face contact with the customers although the dispensing role is very similar and you will complete the same apprenticeship.
The successful candidate will predominately be based in the hub just outside of Nottingham city centre assisting in the dispensing of medication. If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the pharmacy sector, this role is a fantastic opportunity with great potential.
Main duties will include:
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, assist customers over the telephone showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/01/2023
Possible start date: 04/01/2023
- Team working
- Team working
- smart, polite and confident
- Work under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Interpersonal skills
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/9-4 (Desired)
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant standard:
- Functional Skills if required
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Please refer to above link for more information.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Online pharmacy hub - Midlands Pharmacy is an innovative and novel method of obtaining your prescriptions leading to a new generation of pharmacies. We function like any other traditional pharmacy but extend our service to all communities across the UK. As a distance selling pharmacy we serve a growing population who use online-based services and can provide your prescription and over the counter medicines without having to visit the pharmacy. At a click of a button or a quick phone call we can deliver your prescription straight to your door. We offer a full NHS prescription dispensing service with FREE collection and delivery.
Courtyard Business Centre
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Full range of shifts. Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. (There will be the opportunity to increase to 40 hours per week).
Total hours per week: 30
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).