Clifton Health Pharmacy, based in Clifton, is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant. The post holder will work in a small but busy pharmacy dispensary and assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication.
The post holder will work in a small but busy pharmacy dispensary and assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication.
The successful candidate will be assisting in the dispensing of medication; gaining key skills assisting customers on the counter.
If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the pharmacy sector, this role is a fantastic opportunity with great potential.
Main duties include:
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock.
- Receiving prescriptions and ordering prescriptions.
- Making up blister packs.
- Dispensing once trained.
- Labelling of prescriptions.
- Liaising with customers over the phone and face to face.
- Duping and disposing of medicines.
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas.
- Receive incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required.
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
- To complete compulsory training as required.
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer’s address with no attendance at college required as it is all delivered in the workplace.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, proactive and show initiative. They will be a team player and able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm.
They will be dedicated and willing to work in line with strict procedural guidelines to ensure the assignments are handed in on time.
The ideal candidate will also be mature and understand the importance of confidentiality when handing the personal data of patients and customers.
Other qualities may include:
- Smart, polite and confident.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Interpersonal skills.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/02/2023
Possible start date: 01/03/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Team working
- clear polite telephone manner
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 3 or D or Level 1 pass (Essential)
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/pharmacy-services-assistant-v1-0
Functional Skills Level 2 English & maths if not exempt.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Possible permanent position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Clifton Health Pharmacy is located in Clifton, Nottingham. We are an independent pharmacy offering the local community a personal service without delays in receiving their medicine.
372 Southchurch Drive
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
1 hour unpaid lunch break from 1pm - 2pm
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).