Willington Pharmacy, based in South Derbyshire, is offering an enthusiastic and friendly candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector. The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their small but busy pharmacy.
We are ideally looking for candidates to be interviewed and start ASAP, so please apply now rather than wait until the closing date if you wish to be considered.
Main duties that you will be trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving, and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products, providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing, and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques, and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning; therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/02/2023
Possible start date: 01/03/2023
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 4 or C or Level 2 pass (Essential)
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support Staff
- Functional Skills up to Level 2 in English & maths if not exempt
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for ongoing employment as a Pharmacy Services Assistant upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Willington Pharmacy is part of the larger Saffron Group. We are a local community pharmacy based in Willington South Derbyshire. We offer wide range of services and facilities for you and your family. With our caring and dedicated healthcare professional team, they aim to provide a high standard of customer service.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Working shifts will be around the pharmacy opening hours. Hours: Monday, 8:30am - 6:30pm, Tuesday, 8:30am - 6:30pm, Wednesday, 8:30am - 6:30pm, Thursday, 8:30am - 6:30pm, Friday, 8:30am - 6:30pm and Saturday, 9am - 1pm.
Total hours per week: 30
|Expected duration||15 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).