Vantage Pharmacy based near Whitemoor/Aspley, Nottingham are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
The post holder will to work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/10/2021
Possible start date: 02/10/2021
- Good communicator
- Able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
GCSE's grade A*-D/9-3 or equivalent Functional Skills Level 1 in maths and English.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full Apprenticeship:
- Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Pharmacy Service Assistant
- Btec Level 2 certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support Staff
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 maths and English if required
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that makes you a good candidate for this apprenticeship and why you want to work in a pharmacy.
For the purposes of shortlisting your commute from home to the employers address only, please state whether you drive and have your own car or will be using public transport.
We are an independent NHS Community Pharmacy serving the people of Nottingham.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday shifts to be agreed around pharmacy opening hours 8.30am to 7.00pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).