Prescriptions 4U are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant. We are a rapidly growing online pharmacy located in a Warehouse environment rather than a traditional high street chemist shop
We are an online/internet pharmacy that operates over the Internet, receiving prescriptions online and dispatching them directly to customers. It is a rapidly growing sector as more and more customers choose to deal with their prescriptions online.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines by telephone
Complete prescription receipt and collection from doctors surgeries
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising for online marketing
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/09/2022
Possible start date: 01/10/2022
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 3 or D or Level 1 pass (Desired)
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes: BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support. Staff
Functional Skills up to Level 2 in English & maths if not exempt. https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/pharmacy-services-assistant-v1-0
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Opportunity for ongoing employment as a Pharmacy Services Assistant depending on performance and if a position is available at the end of the apprenticeship.
Prescriptions4U is a pharmacy on Calverton drive, Broxtowe business centre, NG8 6QP, Nottingham. We are focused prescription collection and delivery from all over the UK, right to your doorstep, hassle free.
BROXTOWE PARK BUSINESS CENTRE
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed by the employer over their opening hours
Monday - Friday 9am to 6pm
Total hours per week: 30
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).