Pinxton Pharmacy based in North Nottinghamshire are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health Science sector. We are now looking to recruit an additional apprentice. You will assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines and liaise with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach.
You will be fully trained during the duration of your apprenticeship to be able to carry out the following main duties, which include:
- Assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximise profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/02/2023
Possible start date: 01/03/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 4 or C or Level 2 pass (Essential)
This apprenticeship is work-based learning therefore you will be working at the employers address - there is no attendance at college.
You will be allowed 6 hours off the job training per week once enrolled to work on your apprenticeship tasks set.
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support
- Functional Skills up to Level 2 in English & maths if not exempt
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential of ongoing employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship - if there is a position available at that time.
Pinxton Pharmacy is a welcoming pharmacy based in Pinxton, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
78 Victoria Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be allocated by the employer around the pharmacy opening hours. Earliest opening time is 8.30am and latest close time is 6.30pm. Saturday opening is 8.30am to 1pm. You will be required to work 1 in 3 Saturday mornings. Days and shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30
|Expected duration||15 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).