Level 2/Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant
Beechdale Road Pharmacy in Aspley are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical sector. You will assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines and liaise with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach.
You will be fully trained during the duration of your apprenticeship to be able to carry out the following main duties, which include:
- Assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines.
- Complete prescription receipt and collection.
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock.
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach.
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages.
- Assisting future sales and maximise profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection.
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts.
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas.
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales.
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required.
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
- To complete compulsory training as required.
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/06/2023
Possible start date: 03/07/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 4 or C or Level 2 pass (Essential)
This apprenticeship is work-based learning therefore you will be working at the employers address - there is no attendance at college.
You will be allowed 6 hours off the job training per week once enrolled to work on your apprenticeship tasks set.
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support.
- Functional Skills up to Level 2 in English & maths if not exempt.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential of ongoing employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship - if there is a position available at that time.
We are a community based pharmacy on Beechdale Road Aspley. We provide traditional chemist services and provide an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
441 Beechdale Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be allocated by the employer around the pharmacy opening hours. Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. In the future there may be Saturday opening 9am to 1pm. Days and shifts to be confirmed by the employer.
Total hours per week: 30
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).